• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Youtube
7

Thursday 13 July 2017

Knee Socks Album Cover


What do all CD's need? A CD cover!

In order to create an authentic product we decided to create a CD cover for our album 'Knee Socks'. I used Photoshop to edit the photos for the front and the back. Most of the stages are below with short descriptions of how I created them and why.

This is the original photo which was used. We had to use a couple of tables stacked on each other as the background which will need to be removed later. 

I tried using the magic wand tool to remove the background but this didn't work as much of the background was left behind. 

After the background removal didn't work, I decided to focus on putting the knee socks on the legs. I used photos found online and managed to edit them onto the legs as shown above. I edited the right leg first.

Then the right leg after.

Once both knee socks were edited, it was time to sort out the background. I managed to remove all of the gaps in between the table and make the background smooth (this took a lot of patience). 

After this I sorted the background, I cropped the image so that it will fit the CD case. 

I then added a light desaturated colour effect to the image, and added the small images and text to the spine of the CD case. I tested out the CD at this stage in a case and realised that the text needed to be slightly smaller, along with the images.

After this, the Arctic Monkeys logo was added, along with the track list and CD title. THis is the back cover. 

After the back was done, I added a retro effect to the front cover in order to catch the consumers attention.

I then added the 'KNEE SOCKS' text to the front. In order to catch the consumers attention and intrigue them I decided to make the text inverted and backwards. 

To finish off the front of the CD case I added the Arctic monkeys logo to the top of the left hand corner of the cover.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress/Street

12 Street West Victoria 1234 Australia

Phone number

+(12) 3456 789

Website

www.johnsmith.com